Sunday, June 27, 2010

House Update: Week 2


I've owned my home for two weeks now. Unfortunately I don't have much to report on progress this week. We had ball games EVERY night last week and I believe we'll repeat the pattern this week - ugggh - only two more weeks of summer ball :) Above are my kitchen cabinets painted white, huge improvement from their previous state which you can see HERE.

In addition to all the games last week it was just down right HOT here, temps in the mid to high 90's with high humidity making the heat index between 100 and 110 degrees! YUCK-O! Johnathon did mow my lawn for me for the first time this past week, he's overjoyed with that job. But if he wants a cell phone, I get lawn service (I think I got the better deal).

Progress this week:

** Closet/half bathroom between two bedrooms is gone. This will become my closet.

** Board above the cabinets is gone - it was just ugly, that's all.

** Kitchen & dining room ceiling has been purchased

** Pretty sure I know what type of flooring is going into the kitchen/dining room

** Purchased new handles for the kitchen cabinets


.....and that's about it for the week - lame, I know. This week I need to purchase my bathtub, stool & sink along with all the plumbing 'stuff', 2x4's and sheet rock so we can build my bathroom & hopefully my closet. I'm only working 4 days this week and then I'm off for a week to work on the house so hopefully in the next two weeks there will be some real progress - no promises though.

I checked my mailbox today and received my first electric bill - it's for a whooping $15.30. Too bad it won't stay that low!
In addition to all the ball games, I decorated and photographed my cousin's outdoor wedding Saturday. That will be the last outdoor wedding I decorate unless it's in late September or October. As hot as it was Saturday, I'm thinking I'd even do an outdoor wedding in December before I agree to decorate another one the last weekend of June.
That being said the ceremony and reception was beautiful, here's a sneak peak.

I hope everyone has a great week. I can't wait for it to be Friday so I can work on my house again!

No comments:

Post a Comment