Thursday, June 17, 2010

First mishap

So I ordered this fridge........it's nothing elaborate, just a stainless side-by-side.

I was excited this morning because it's getting delivered to my new house today. Well, my father just called (he met the delivery guy for me since I'm @ work) and I found out the first issue with this home that I'm going to have to FIX and fix soon.

Both my front and back doors are only 32" wide - my cute new stainless fridge is 35" wide.....oops! The width of a door has never been an issue before and it crossed my mind for a fleeting moment, but then I skipped over it and ordered the fridge anyway.

So tomorrow I'm going to visit Home Depot and get a 36" or 42" door! Hopefully I can get the brother or cousin to install it quickly.

I'm sure this is the first of many mishaps to come.

On a good note, dad & I started tearing down the closet in the bedroom that I'm turning into a dining room and we pulled up the carpet (hard wood floors under there!!!! yeah!). So the only room in the house that doesn't have hardwood floors is the kitchen - which to me is the most logical room to have them. Where I want to move the kitchen door runs directly into the existing closet, this door move will also have to be completed before the fridge can be moved in. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend - DEMOLITION!

No comments:

Post a Comment