Friday, March 13, 2009

New Recipe

I was surfing blogland the other day and ran across The Pioneer Woman and instantly fell in love with her blog. You should really check it out. She's a photographer/home school teacher of four married to a rancher, aka "The Marlboro Man". In addition to photography and home schooling her children she loves to cook and has step-by-step directions on how to prepare the recipes she has listed - great site, check it out.


I printed out one of her recipes and fixed it last night - LOVED IT! It's an Asian Noodle Salad and you can view her step-by-step directions and print the recipe HERE. It tastes 20 times better than this picture represents.

The recipe makes a really, really large amount but I ate two plates full last night so I think the quantity is a little deceiving. I didn't mix it all together in one bowl either (I knew it wouldn't be eaten all at once since I was the only one eating last night!) - I put the vege's in one bowl, the noodles by themselves with a little oil and the dressing in a separate container. I also left the cilantro separate as I've been told that cilantro will cause food in the fridge to spoil quicker. Not sure why but I've heard it more than once from different people.

Anyway, the salad is made with cooked linguine, baby spinach, purple cabbage, bell peppers (I use red), scallions, cucumbers and lots of cilantro. The dressing is soy sauce, olive oil, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic and fresh ginger. Hot peppers are optional!

It was delicious, like I said I ate two plates full! I wish I'd brought some for my lunch but I know I'll be having it for supper tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment