Monday, September 29, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

I'm going to ramble for a moment. It was a very busy weekend.

It was the 9th annual Art & Wine Festival at the SoIL Artisan Shop. The weather was almost perfect (could have been 15 degrees cooler to suit my taste, but I'm very hot natured) and the turnout was wonderful. I "volunteered" once again to work and spent all of Saturday and Sunday leaning over a table applying arm bands to those partaking of the wine tasting. In addition the the wineries, which Bruce was ever so nice to provide the ticket workers with a comp bottle of Red Raz (my favorite!) on both days, the artists in attendance did very well this year also.

There were several jewelry artist this year whose work I loved. I'll try to take some pics tonight of the pieces I bought. I ended up with 6 new necklaces, 3 bracelets and 3 sets of earnings!! So, from my point of view it was a successful weekend! A girl can NEVER have too much jewelry.

After the festival on Sunday I ran home as quickly as possible to take pics of an adorable little 18-month old boy and his parents. Promise I'll get those pics up either tomorrow or Wednesday. Unfortunately since I worked the Art & Wine Festival I missed the second week of flag football, which I still haven't posted the pic's from the first weekend...I had issues with Picasa the other day which is why the pic's aren't up yet. I have a board meeting tomorrow as soon as it's over I can hopefully get some other things done - first of which will be flag football pics.

This weekend I intend to get a least one more set of senior pics taken, possibly two. The temp in SoIL is only suppose to be in the low 70's which in my opinion is PERFECT weather for picture taking. I'm also going to try to get some pics of nieces and nephews done. The second weekend in October is the outdoor wedding which I'm planning, coordinating, decorating, catering, & photographing (how do I get myself into these things??).

In addition to the outdoor wedding which will consume most of my day, my cousin (Tyson) is getting married, another cousin is having his retirement party and two of my favorite cousins (Arielle & Bethany) are the senior attendants for Sesser Homecoming Queen! Hopefully one of the Seniors will be named 2008 Homecoming Queen - Go Seniors!! October 11th is just going a packed fun-filled day. I'm not quite sure yet how I'll make it to everything, I'll worry about that next Friday!

The third and fourth weekends in October I hope to be taking lots of pictures, I have several sessions booked already with others waiting to lock down an exact date/time. I'm super excited to be taking so many pictures! Needless to say I'm going to be busy, busy, busy until the end of the year! Hopefully I'll find time to keep everyone up to date on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment