Sunday, April 5, 2009

Movie Review - Twilight

I finally broke down and watched the Twilight movie. You'll remember from this post that I loved the four-book saga. While I was pleasantly surprised that the books weren't necessarily 'tween' and truly enjoyed reading them, the movie on the other hand was definitely geared toward a younger crowd. I was personally disappointed in the movie, there were so many aspects of it that just didn't fit the 'picture' I'd formed in my mind of how things looked/happened in the book. If I were 25-30 years younger I probably would have loved the movie, but as an adult who's read the book the movie was just okay. I'd only give it at most a B-. That being said, I quite often have the same reaction to most movie's which I've read the book first.

We also watched the Disney movie Bolt - loved it. One of Disney's best for sometime now. My 6&7 year old niece & nephew had trouble understanding the plot and when he (Bolt) was 'acting' and when it was 'real-life', but the 11 year old nephew and I laughed the whole way through.

On a side note, I just put in the latest James Bond movie Quantum of Solace to occupy my time as I edit pictures and I'm pretty sure my DVD player just died. It made a loud humming and vibrating noise - the movie still played but you couldn't hear it for the noise coming from the DVD player itself. I've had it for at least 10 years now which seems to be a long time for electronics these days. Why is it they seem to be disposable, only lasting for a few years?

No comments:

Post a Comment